I tried out the new Kitchenaid mixer that my parents gave me this week! I made Apple Cinnamon Muffins, and they were delish!
Here is the recipe I used:
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- chopped walnuts (optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease six muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Stir together 1 1/2 cup flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, baking powder and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix in oil, egg and milk. Fold in apples. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling to the top of the cup.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and chopped walnuts. Mix together with fork and sprinkle over unbaked muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
This recipe comes from Mindy on AllRecipes.com.
I also got to see Lacey of Lacey in the City this week. I wish she and Mikey lived closer, since they are one of my favorite couples in the whole world :-) We got coffee at Freedom of Espresso, an independent coffee place in Syracuse.
Lacey is a fashionista, and I am jealous. I need to go shopping with her. She works for Lodis, which has amazing patterns for handbags, wallets, etc. Check out some of these styles:
Which patterns do you like?
Have a nice, long weekend, everyone!