Friday, June 10, 2011

Running Through It

Source: FriendshipQuotes (view)
Does anyone else play two sports?

I've been training for a half marathon, and now that the weather is nice, I have been playing tennis. My body hurts. Literally the whole thing. Legs, knees, arms, back, everything. Last year I was running regularly and playing tennis, and it wasn't a problem. I think it's the whole half marathon thing.

I'm to the point in my training where I'm running 5 miles on the regular runs, and 8, 9, 10 on the long runs. It's getting a little rough.

Even though it's hard, I'm still sticking to the training program by running in the morning and playing tennis at night. I'm sure I'll get used to it after a few weeks.

I like this Charlie Brown picture. It really captures the feelings of an intense workout.

4 comments:

  1. gosh, Allie... you're amazing! that is A LOT of physical activity.
    way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cartoon! you got this girl! give yourself some rest if you need it...but it sounds like you are doing GREAT and sticking right with your training :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Charlie Brown cartoon! Good luck in your training, you are gonna do great!
    I just realized that my first half marathon of the year is exactly 4 months out, so I gotta get crackin on which training schedule I'm gonna use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a TON of exercise and activity. I couldn't imagine - no wonder your body is a little tired, lol. But, you can do it. Quotes always help with perseverance...just when you think you can't go anymore! Good luck girl, I am quite inspired by your determination and motivation!!!

    ReplyDelete