Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Nostalgia

Tonight's featured flick: My Girl

Source: IMDB (view)
I used to watch this movie all the time. Watching it as an adult is just as good.

I love Vada's poem at the end:

Weeping willow with your tears running down,
why do you always weep and frown?
Is it because he left you one day?
Is it because he could not stay?
On your branches he would swing, do you long for the happiness that day would bring?
He found shelter in your shade.
You thought his laughter would never fade.
Weeping willow, stop your tears.
There is something to calm you fears.
You think death has ripped you forever apart.
But I know he'll always be in your heart.




Other favorite parts:
  • When Vada and Thomas J become blood brothers. I totally did that too when I was little! 
  • Harry tells Shelly he doesn't want to go to a movie, but that he likes Bingo. As a kid, that seemed fine, but as an adult, I realize how weird and lame that is! 
  • Thomas J says: "I'm going to be an Acrobat when I grow up" - Little kid dreams are the best :-)
  • I love when Vada and Thomas J Kiss, and then say the pledge of allegiance so it won't be awkward.
What's your favorite movie from your childhood?

5 comments:

  1. my girl is my fav! new follower. thanks for following me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omygoodnes how nostalgic it is, and thanks so much for reminding us of how great that movie was. it was one of my favorites. I never knew much about her so googled her to find that she had also been in a couple of other gigs.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001043/

    thanks so much again! i really enjoyed this post, brought back memories =)

    -Fae
    http://rosy-pop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fae, thanks for sharing the IMDB link! I didn't know that Anna Chlumsky was still doing movies/tv!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to watch Richie Rich and make grilled cheese at home when I was like 11...all of my neighbors used to come over and we'd sit in my room and eat all the grilled cheeses that I'd make for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we all held on to our childhood dreams! How crazy the world would be! But it would be full of acrobats, and cow milkers, and race car drivers.

    ReplyDelete